Friday, December 22, 2006

Team India.. My Pick for the World Cup..


Have any one thought of a open debate in a blog??? One in which u post your comments and the comments are countered by another one. This was an concept which clicked to me when I was doing some SERIOUS combined study with my friend.. We were discussing about the recent success of the Indian Cricket team in the recently concluded test match at the Wanderers.. Our discussions lead us to the composition of the Indian cricket team for the world cup which is less than 100 days from now.. And I thought that I should put that in my blog.. So that all people out there who keenly follow the Indian cricket team are invited to post their comments so that we could have a lively discussion out here in Blogosphere!!
I would like to start my discussion on my team with a confession.. I am a die hard DADA fan, Someone who prayed really badly for his return to the Indian Cricket team.. And I am mighty pleased to see the way he silenced his critics by his sound batting display in the first test at Wanderers..
Now coming to the team Composition.. I would like the team to be a equal mix of youth and experience.. and one of batsmen and bowlers.. So this makes my team to have a 7-4 ratio of batsmen and bowlers.. The opening slots.. Which have been a real problem for Team India in the recent past.. My vote for the opening berths would be the evergreen combination Of Sourav Ganguly and the Li'l Master Sachin Tendulkar.. They have got records to prove that they are one of the World's best opening combinations.. And I think the return of Ganguly will bolster the batting strength of Team India.. The position 3, 4, 5 and 6 have been always seen stiff competition.. The batting order's backbone is always the player at one drop.. So ma vote goes out to Mr. Dependable.. Or the Wall... Rahul Dravid, The Captain of Indian Cricket team.. The position of 4 will either go to Virender Sehwag or VVS Laxman.. Virendar sehwag is enduring the worst patch of his career.. And hope he recovers well in time before the World cup.. Livewire on the field.. Known for his good Finishing skills.. Out due to an Injury.. Yuvraj Singh Grabs the position 5.. The sixth position is up for grabs here.. And is tightly competed by Suresh Raina or Mohd.Kaif or The experienced Dinesh Mongia who could also roll his arm over as the fifth bowler.. Then comes the Hard hitting Wicket keeper M.S.Dhoni.. The four bowlers... These are slots filled up on the basis of present form and experience.. My vote for the four bowlers goes to Ajit Agarkar for his recent one day performances.. Harbhajan Singh who has been a match winner for India.. S.Sreesanth for his exploits in the recently concluded series.. and.. The last one is up for grabs between Zaheer Khan who has been bowling superbly in the recent past and the All rounder Irfan Pathan who has been a better batsman nowadays than a bowler.. My vote For Zaheer Khan..
My Eleven For the World Cup..
  1. Sourav Ganguly
  2. Sachin Tendulkar
  3. Rahul Dravid
  4. VVS Laxman\Virendar Sehwag
  5. Yuvraj Singh
  6. Suresh Raina\Mohd.Kaif\Dinesh Mongia
  7. M.S.Dhoni
  8. Ajit Agarkar
  9. Harbhajan Singh
  10. S.Sreesanth
  11. Z.Khan

9 comments:

NEORADKRIS V1.0 said...

I don't think dropping out Sehwag from the opener's slot is a wise decision. He has managed to score around 30's in most of his innings. But I don't think that Ganguly will be ready to play the game of his golden days yet. Leaving Sehwag will seal the possibility of an explosive start in a match. I don't know why you left out Kumble.We can't go to the world cup without him as Bhaji is not in his peak these days. Maybe the name of Gautham Gambhir should also be considered in the middle order. Also Sreesanth has not yet shown consistensy in terms of economy rate so we should also consider Munaf Patel.So my eleven is

1.Sehwag
2.sachin
3.Rahul Dravid
4. Laxman
5.yuvraj
6. Gambhir/ raina
7. dhoni
8. Agarkar
9. Harbhajan / Kumble
10. Munaf Patel
11. Zaheer Khan

Hari said...

My Reply To Radkris.. I think.. The test cricket that Ganguly is playin over the past few days is proof enough and i think we have one day matches before the world cup to try out Ganguly at the top of the order.. And.. Sreesanth and Munaf Patel.. both are equally good.. I took Sreesanth on the basis of present form.. and Abt Kumble.. he is never picked for a one day match. I wud love to have him in my team.. Indian selectors have always overlooked Kumble.. so..

Unknown said...

i think hari has given a team which is very similar to wat i have in mind...ill still go with irfan coz o the fact tht the pitches in the windies are predominantly batting tracks and so sumbody whu CAN bat and more importantly be a genuine bowler makes our attack even stronger with 5 regular bowlers...so my team wld be
sourav ganguly
sachin tendulkar
rahul dravid
yuvraj singh
mohammed kaif
ms dhoni
irfan pathan
harbhajan singh
zaheer khan
anil kumble
s sreeshanth

JK said...

U gotta hve n experienced bowler in d lineup, so i wld back kumble instead of agarkar as he has got enough chances but dsnt hve ny sort of consistency..
I think mongia has proved tht he can bat @ ny position nd i will select him instead of laxman..
thn i wld give chance 2 raina as he is a vry promisin cricketer nd there is no doubt abt d talent he has got..
so ma team wld b...
sourav ganguly
sachin tendulkar
rahul dravid
dinesh mongia
yuvaraj singh
suresh raina
ms dhoni
irfan pathan
zaheer khan
anil kumble
s sreeshanth

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thank author for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I love to read blogs like that. BTW add more pics :)

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the boots were approximately 190 dollars on every site. But finally I bring about this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.